Full Time Practice Manager/ Personal Assistant to Consultant Ophthalmologist Wanted – London.
Mr Alex Day is a leading Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon based at Moorfields Private Eye Hospital in the City of London. Mr Day has extensive surgical experience and offers eye surgery across a range of specialities, predominantly cataract and laser refractive surgery. A role has been created to provide professional support to Mr Day on a day-to-day basis in his growing private practice. The role is principally office based and requires some evening and weekend working. The post-holder will be the Practice Manger/ 3rd Personal Assistant in the team, working alongside two other PAs.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Diary management including booking patient consultations, treatments, procedures and liaising with other departments to ensure a smooth process of admissions.
- Ensuring that all patient records are kept up-to-date.
- Making outbound phone calls and receiving inbound phone calls from patients.
- Responding to all written queries from patients, escalating to the Consultant if required.
- Meeting and greeting patients at the clinics and theatre lists.
- Preparing and issuing invoices to patients.
- Taking card payments from patients in person or over the telephone.
- Processing patient billing, chasing non-payments and medical insurance claims.
- Scanning, photocopying and processing of all in/out-going medical post.
- Creating and proof-reading clinical letters and other documents.
- Regularly assessing working practices to identify possible improvements and improve efficiency.
- Organising and scheduling Consultant’s attendance at conferences, lectures and personal appearances.
- Documenting and distributing dates of Consultant’s leave and medical cover arrangements to relevant areas.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally 2 years’ previous experience within the private health care sector or NHS.
- Ideally previous Ophthalmology experience.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- An ability to demonstrate creativity and suggest ideas to develop the business.
- You must have a confident personality, be a fast learner and have confidence with your computer skills and communication.
- Well-presented and possess a highly courteous telephone manner.
- Able to manage stress during peak periods.
- Outstanding professionalism, discrete and sensitive to diverse cultures and religions.
- Highly responsive. Due to our high-end clientele, you will need to be very responsive to emails and phone calls from patients .
- Able to filter information for the Consultant and take initiative.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- The job holder will be reviewed after 3 months and then every 12 months.
The successful applicant will receive full training upon job commencement.
If you possess the relevant skills and experience, or believe you have sufficient drive and interest to learn – please submit your CV to [email protected].
Salary dependent on previous experience/ current salary.